British Airways has announced a new promo offer for Visa Card for Swedish market.
The card will allow to accumulate Avios on BA Executive Club reward program for residents in Sweden.
British Airways Visa Card
- Annual fee: 395 SEK a year
- Points earning: 1 Avios for each 20 SEK spent and 2 Avios for purchases with British Airways
- 5000 bonus Avios are awarded on the first purchase made on the British Airways Visa Card before 30 September 2017
- British Airways Companion Voucher after spending 500 000 SEK a year (SIC! More than triple times the amount required with SAS American Express Premium/Elite)
- 10% flight discount on a single or return journey between Sweden and the UK on BA operated flights
- Application form is here
I don’t see many people applying for this card, unless they regularly take British Airways to fly between Scandinavia and the UK. Even though, Avios collection might be of interest for some Scandinavian travelers, but SAS is offering much better service and redemption options in comparison to BA Executive Club reward program. As there is no minimum spending required, technically you can apply for the card, make one purchase, receive 5000 Avios and close the card.
The companion voucher, however, is a complete joke and doesn’t stand a chance against SAS American Express 2-4-1 voucher.
And let’s not forget, British Airways has been constantly on strikes for several years in a row, which doesn’t add much credibility.
1. 5,000 Bonus Avios offer available to Eligible Participants only. Eligible Participants must be aged 20 or over and must reside in Sweden. 5,000 Bonus Avios are awarded on the first purchase made on the British Airways Visa Card before 23:59 30 September 2017.
2. Offer available to new applicants for the British Airways Visa Card only.
3. No annual fee for the first year, thereafter an annual fee of 395 SEK applies.
4. The Eligible Participant must have a valid British Airways Executive Club account to receive the 5,000 Bonus Avios. If you're not an Executive Club member already, we'll automatically enroll you into the Club when you get your British Airways Visa Card.
5. Standard terms and conditions apply to the use of the British Airways Visa Card, see here for full terms and conditions, interest rates and APR. [Annual fee 395 SEK, 13.64% effective interest rate (6 April 2016). The total amount payable is 21,590 SEK based on a credit of 20,000 SEK and 15.77% APR. The amount is calculated on the basis that the credit is repaid over 12 months (instalment amount in average 1799 SEK) and that the interest-free period of 39 days is used. This does not include any charges for cash withdrawals].
6. The 5,000 Bonus Avios points will be added to the Eligible Participant's nominated Executive Club account 30 days from the date of first use of the British Airways Visa Card.
7. Avios Points are issued subject to British Airways Executive Club Terms and Conditions. Reward Flight Saver bookings and Companion Voucher bookings are subject to availability and Executive Club members are responsible for the payment of taxes, fees and carrier charges. See ba.com for the full range of Avios redemption opportunities.
8. Companion Voucher bookings are subject to terms and conditions.
9. Full travel insurance terms and conditions can be found here: Travel insurance terms and conditions (pdf, 135kb, Swedish only).
10. Eligible Participants shall receive the standard benefits from the British Airways Visa Card subject to the terms and conditions of use referenced in clause 5 above in addition to the Bonus Avios under the terms of this promotion.
11. These terms and conditions may be amended by the Promoter at any time.
12. The Promoter, administrator and issuer of the British Airways Visa Card is EnterCard Sverige AB, Corp ID no. 556673-0593, SE-105 34 Stockholm, tel +46 (0)771-48 00 50. EnterCard Sverige AB is subject to inspection by Finansinspektionen. Cancellation policy applies.
13. Questions regarding the British Airways Visa Card should be directed to EnterCard, tel +46 (0)771-48 00 50.
14. A flight discount of 10% applies to new British Airways Visa Card holders who've taken up the card between 01 September and 30 September 2017. Flights must be marketed and operated British Airways flights booked on ba.comby 31 March 2018 for travel by 31 October 2018. Discount of 10% is inclusive of taxes, fees and charges. One single-use discount code valid per customer. Eligible to be used on Single or Return journeys on routes between Sweden and the UK only. BA cabins available for this offer are Euro Traveller and Club Europe.